The purpose of this project is to send encouraging messages to senior citizens, residents of nursing home, Veteran’s Hospitals, and sick children. Many participants use phrases including “thinking of you”, “sending positive thoughts your way”, or “sending blessings your way”. Some participants do not want to use their full name. They sign the card with their first name or from someone who cares.
Instructions for HFC employees:
- Design cards and mail to recipients on the monthly list.
- Keep track of your hours.
- Add information to your SSA volunteer form. Name of activity: Operation Happy Cards Contact person: Michele Featherston and include a notation of the name of a facility sent to.
- This is an ongoing activity and you are responsible for mailing the cards during the time we are away from HFC.
- Use the return address:
Henry Ford College
Office of Student Activities, M-105
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
- Michele will add your name to a list that includes names and addresses of where to send the cards. The list changes periodically.
Michele has received positive comments about this project. Recipients enjoy homemade cards but we also recycle used cards by cutting out pictures and adding ribbons, stickers, etc.
Contact Michele Featherston if you have questions.
September 2020 – Send thinking of you cards
Heartland Health Care
26001 Ford Road
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
John D. Dingell VA Medical Center
Cards for Veterans
4646 John R
Detroit, MI 48201
Attention: William Browning, Volunteer Services
209 West High Street
Metamora, MI 48455
Victoria Senior Care – Cards for Seniors
4270 Heath Dairy Road
Randleman, NC 27317
Mention the theme on the envelope (thinking of you, holiday, etc.)