Please remember to send a copy of your volunteer activities to Human Resources and a copy to Michele Featherston for our SSA volunteer report.
Seeking volunteers for office and administrative tasks and Direct non-medical patient care opportunities working with families for extra support and companionship.
LLMSW, Volunteer Coordinator, Bereavement Coordinator
30665 Northwestern Hwy.
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Office: (248) 355-9900
Office Cell: (248)464-7914
Who is VIP Mentoring?
VIP is a non-profit organization that has been serving the Metro Detroit Community since 1980. Our mission is to create sustainable, meaningful mentoring relationships for children in the tri-county area whose difficult circumstances may seriously compromise their opportunity to succeed.
- Community-based Program:
• Each mentor volunteers to pick up a child (mentee) at home as scheduled by mentor, mentee and caregiver
• Meet with mentee two hours a week
• One -year commitment
- Community-based Location Specific Program:
• Each mentor volunteers to meet with a child (mentee) on the same day at the same time each week at a predetermined school, church or other community location.
• Meet with mentee one hour a week
• One-year commitment
- Volunteer mentor opportunities are available at the following schools in Metro Detroit:
• Charles H. Wright Academy (Detroit-West)
• Romulus Elementary (Romulus)
• Central Collegiate Academy High School (Detroit – West)
• Denby High School (Detroit – East)
• Spain K-8 School (Detroit – Downtown)
- Reasons to Volunteer:
• Pique student’s interest in the areas of higher education, vocational options and careers
• Positively impact a child’s life
• Be a positive role model
• Be a sounding board as students discover their post-graduation potential and choices
- Mentors are required to:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Complete necessary paperwork (Application & Background Check Forms)
• Attend a 2-hour Mentor Training & Orientation Session
• Complete a one-on-one interview with VIP
Please call or visit our website today to get more information on becoming a VIP Mentor!
(313) 964-1110 Ext. 170 www.vipmentoring.org